Here are a few tips and tricks and to keep your candles burning great so that you can fully enjoy The Lit District experience!
- Trim your wick before each burn. This allows for an even burn, steady flame, limit sooting, and mushrooming of the wick.
- When getting lit for the first time, burn until the wax melts across the entire surface to the sides of the glass.
- After the first burn, we recommend to not have the candle lit longer than the 2 hours or sooting can appear.
- Keep your candle out of drafts so that you increase burn time, prevent uneven burning, smoking, diminished scent throw and accidental fire
- To maximize scent throw, keep the candle in an enclosed area with no open windows or doors for about 30 minutes before entering.
- Never burn a candle all the way down once the wick tab can be seen.
- Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the container. Failure to do so could result in shattered glass from an overheated container.
- Restore the wood lid to your candle after it’s cooled from a burn to help keep the cold throw and keep dust from collecting on the top of your candle. Dust can be a fire hazard.
For a more details on caring for your candle, please visit TheLitDistrictDC.com. If you have any questions or concerns about taking care of your TLD candle that you were unable to find here, please email us at info@TheLitDistrictDC.com for assistance.